In the late spring we brought you part 1 of this family’s home project (read it here!) as we were starting the addition, with plans to undertake a complete interior and exterior remodel in stages.
We’ve been waiting on the final photos of this project to be able to show you the amazing outcome of the upper level addition — and it was worth the wait! What a beautiful, completely practical transformation for this family balancing four kids, including a new baby!
Here’s what we’ve done:
- The finished exterior is refreshed and charming, while still blending seamlessly with the original brick that was left intact.
- The new paint, shutters, and stained cedar shingles make a sharp exterior impression.
- Weary trips to the basement laundry room are no-more! With a new upper level laundry just steps from the bedrooms, this mom of four boasts that she is now caught up on laundry since it’s always in sight.
- An added room doubles as a office and school work area.
- Another new room provides a quiet area for baby to nap.
- The addition of an upper level family room gives the kids a hang-out spot of their own.
- With plans in the future for a remodel of the upper level baths (master bath and kids bath) we added a large storage area that will combine into an enlarged bathroom space down the road.
- On the main level, the old family room was converted to a large entryway to accommodate this family better.
- And we opened up the kitchen floor plan in anticipation of a kitchen makeover in the near future as well!
These homeowners knew they didn’t want to leave their beloved home — they wanted to transform it into a practical, custom space, perfect for their family. It’s been very rewarding to help them every step of the way along this remodel journey. They are loving the outcome and so are we! Check out the photos below…
Sass Construction works on residential and commercial remodeling projects, including whole home remodels and exterior work, in Bloomington, Chaska, Eden Prairie, Edina, and more throughout the Twin Cities MN area. Questions about your own possible remodel? Get in touch with us today!