The homeowners of this 1970s Eden Prairie rambler longed for an updated kitchen with an open feel and more storage. The wall between the small dining room and kitchen made both spaces feel cramped, and the kitchen cabinetry setup didn’t allow for enough storage or prep space.
They enlisted us to help them create a brand new kitchen and dining area, and within four weeks we transformed the space into a beautiful, roomy kitchen with warm accents! This remodel included:
- Wall removal: Removing the wall between the kitchen and dining area provided the open concept the homeowners wanted.
- All new cabinetry: New Dura Supreme cabinets (in Maple with a cinnamon stain) feature soft-close hinges, full extension soft-close drawers, and amble storage space. Cabinetry was added to the dining area as well.
- New countertops: Granite countertops were used in both the kitchen and dining room.
- A peninsula with room for stools: The homeowners had hoped for a kitchen island, but the layout didn’t allow for one. We suggested a peninsula, and they embraced the idea as a perfect fit! The peninsula allows for additional prep space and doubles as a breakfast-nook / overflow seating area.
- New flooring: Luxury vinyl plank floors now covers the extent of the kitchen and dining space.
- Tile backsplash & new paint: An earthy-toned tile backsplash and fresh coat of paint gives the room a sophisticated, polished feel!
The homeowners love their new kitchen and dining area, and we were honored to help transform their home into a welcoming place to eat, dine, and gather. See the before and after photos below!
Ready for a kitchen transformation of your own? Connect with us here at Sass Construction to chat about your kitchen remodel options today! Construction and remodeling help serving Eden Prairie, Chanhassen, Edina, Bloomington, and more!