We recently gave the garage of this Chanhassen home a little facelift. The homeowners of this 1924 2-story home knew that they wanted better and larger access into their garage. They wanted to take the space they had and be resourceful with it. In about a week we were able to install this beautiful and spacious entry door to the side of their garage as well as build out the roof. See the before and after pictures below!
Could YOUR garage use a facelift? Do you want your garage space to be more useful, more convenient? A finished garage can be used as a:
- Mechanic’s space
- Organized storage area
- Play space
- Gardening resource space
- Private den
Consider garage remodeling projects such as:
- Adding blocking and framing: These are the foundations for adding shelves, hooks, or openings later.
- Putting in an additional access door: This makes the space more accessible for storage and activity.
- Adding outlets: Most unfinished garages have the bare minimum of outlets and lights, so it may be a convenient option to add a few.
- Ventilate and insulate: An insulated garage will stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter – better for projects and for pets!
- Weather-strip doors and windows: Seal out drafts and moisture (not to mention bugs) with garage-door weather stripping. Leaky doors and windows let in uncomfortable drafts and increase heating and cooling costs.